Step-by-step build instructions are available here to build this zigzag tunnel.
Building this zigzag tunnel requires…
- 18 large panels, 8 yellow braces, and 66 black foam connectors (all included in one Make-A-Fort Build Kit)
- About 8′ x 6′ of floor space (easier to build on carpet or a rug than a smooth surface)
No tools or adhesives are needed. The large panels are connected together by sliding the black foam connectors into the red and yellow panel slots and the yellow braces are used in corners to make the fort more stable.
This zigzag tunnel can be built by kids 4-6 years old with help from parents or older siblings. Kids 7 years old and above can often build this zigzag tunnel on their own. Build this zigzag tunnel with parents or grandparents to create a fun activity for the whole family to do together.
After building, try these things for extra fun…
- Put an LED inside and turn off the room lights to see a cool light show on the walls
- Put extra connectors in the circles formed between the large panels to create Nerf targets
- Place a light blanket over the top of the zigzag tunnel to make it darker on the inside
- Drive toy cars through the small tunnels formed where the half circles on the large panels meet the floor
Want to other fort building ideas? See our YouTube channel to see what customers built and sent us.